Monday, May 9, 2016

Fulfill Your Life's Work

Back in October, I was so excited to join the Write 31 Days Challenge.  Hundreds of writers gathered beforehand to encourage and motivate each other to write on one topic consistently for 31 days.

For some time now, I have been feeling the tug to write...you know the feeling.  It's the feeling you get when you are called to obedience; to be obedient to your life's work.  What inner peace and joy you experience as you align yourself with the call.  


How often do we know we're supposed to be doing something but need a push to get started?  The Write 31 Days Challenge served that purpose for me. Did I mention hundreds of new and seasoned writers whether joined together in this challenge?  Such motivation and accountability!

Every day in October, I sat to write.  I didn't plan what I would write.  I only knew my topic.  Each day I sat, glaring at an empty screen.  As I sat, God would begin to speak to me what words to pen.  It was so hard sometimes to stop writing a post because the words would be pouring out of me so that I often had to condense it or continue my thoughts in another post.

I wrote every. single. day for 31 days.  I wrote of a story I know best how to tell...my own.  Even still, it's only a fraction of it's totality as I couldn't squeeze every single detail into 31 days of writing.  

I didn't have many expectations to gain readers.  I was elated though to know others were running this race with me.  Night after night, we encouraged each other to continue writing.  Don't we all need encouragement sometimes to keep going?  This question got me to thinking.

As much as I love to write and feel exhilarated when I do...I haven't done much of it since the challenge.  

My space has been quiet.  The hundreds of writers have returned to their own spaces in the world. Encouragement from like-minded writers has ceased.  Would anyone notice if I never write again?  

He will.  Who matters most.  The One who called me.  Jesus.  He sees and remembers every promise we utter to keep and fail.  And He is not concerned at all with who's watching.  He is okay being an audience of one.

But are we?  Are we okay walking in our calling alone?  If no one is clapping for us and cheering us on? No pats on the back or thank you's?

I sincerely want to be.  Sincerely.  

Maybe your call isn't to write.  That isn't the totality of mine either.  But it is one important work He has asked me to do; to use my writing to draw others to Him.

Whatever your calling is, what are you waiting for to get started?  Are you seeking encouragement from others? Do you feel stumped if no one has given you their stamp of approval?   

I have been there.  I get it.  But we can't stay there.

I firmly believe when we are obedient to His call, He will make things work.  In whatever way He chooses. Allow Him to develop you. To equip you.  Obedience to Him makes life work.

I encourage you (please know I'm also encouraging myself as well) to step out even when no one is watching. Trust Him that He will fulfill His plans as we yield ourselves fully to Him.  

He sees.  He is watching.  He is waiting on us to do what He has called us to do.  

Oftentimes, seeking approval is rooted in a sense of inadequacy and insecurity.   Find comfort in knowing what you have is not just for you.  Be willing to step out of your comfort zone.  Move in faith.  Take the first step.  

No one can do what you do like you.  Especially when He puts His stamp on it.  He walks alongside you cheering you on.  

Draw your head back, look upward and...Go!  

Let's cheer each other on.  What has He called you to do?  Have you been stagnant?  What are you waiting on? Go ahead girlfriend.  Someone needs to hear your words; experience your gift.  Don't let them down.  Don't let Him down.  People are waiting for you to fulfill what He's called you to do.

Feel free to comment; let's encourage each other.  



2 comments: